Monday 4 February 2019

Terri’s Revenge (1976) addendum


Charles Devlin, a facebook friend, has generously allowed me to share the following about the making of Terri’s Revenge, taken from his correspondence with one of the few cast members from the film still around to tell the tale. Many thanks to Charles, for allowing me to repost this, and the rare Terri’s Revenge Ads, which also come from his collection. 

“a couple of years ago I got in touch with Jason M. — one of the cast for TERRI'S REVENGE. And he had this to say:

Working with the late Terri Hall was a truly unforgettable experience. When she died, I said then that there would never be another one like her, and there has not been. I may be the only person from "Terri's Revenge" who is still alive. Edward Marsh, Terri Hall, Chad Lambert, Jeanette Sinclair are all deceased now.

I was the guy in the first revenge rape scene. Terri did not hold back! She was a physically strong woman who could inflict some serious pain on men. She really got into her roles. Not long after "Terri's Revenge" was filmed, she took good care of me, seeing as how I had been a bit traumatized from the revenge rape scene, LOL. That's what kind of person she was. Very loving and kind. Sadly, once the early 1980's rolled around, the adult film industry brushed her aside. Unfortunate, really, because she still had a lot to offer.

When she died of cancer, nobody had even known that she was ill. I don't know if this is true or not, but it has been stated that she had three children. Two daughters and one son. I sort of have my doubts about that one.

Back then, I had been in a couple of bondage films, where I played a submissive to a professional Dominatrix. I had seen some of Terri's early work and was just head over heels for her, wanted to be in a film with her. However, getting into the full on XXX side of the adult film industry was a bit more difficult than what I had done, which was just BDSM. Not to mention, I could not compete with the likes of Chad Lambert. I was nowhere near that well endowed, LOL.



I had a few contacts, one of which knew Edward Marsh. That individual mentioned to him that I would like to be in a film with Terri Hall, but of course, I was just another guy on a long list of guys who wanted to be in a film with her. From what I heard, Terri's Revenge was going to go a bit different. Originally, it was going to be Terri taking revenge on either Chad Lambert or Peter Andrews. However, the idea was scrapped, and they went in the direction of Terri and her friend taking revenge on suspected rapists instead.

I was contacted, but only after a few guys had backed out, due what that scene entailed, which of course was getting "stuck" with a vibrator. I gladly took the part, seeing as how it was the opportunity I had been waiting for. I didn't know what it would be like, as I had never done that activity before. Miss Hall put it on me, that's for sure! I remember hearing her tell someone that she had scarred me for life, LOL! Those BDSM films and Terri's Revenge were the only films I was ever in.

The guy who played the undercover policeman was named Richard Ortolani. I heard that he was indebted to the mob and was eventually murdered. I also heard that the mob had a hand in making Terri's Revenge, but I'm not so certain about that one.”


Charles also pointed out a minor error in my Terri’s Revenge review “it's THE BLUES PROJECT which is performing the live rendition of Blind Willie Johnson's "I Can't Keep From Crying Sometimes", not TEN YEARS AFTER.”

No comments: